You thought I meant it,
Sweet sweet words sugaring the surface of your life.
You said you meant it,
Lovely loving words that fluttered from your heart,
You said you'd never let go,
You'd hold on to me,
Losing sight of me would turn you blind,
Losing touch of me would poison your mind,
You'd live as if every second you breathed, you died
If you ever let me go.
Instead of asking what would happen
If I let you go,
I said, Same here,
Please don't let go, please don't ever...
How could I have said otherwise
When my ears have always wanted those words,
Just never from you.
You thought I meant it,
When I smiled right into your eyes,
Drowned you in sugary whispers,
While salt rained down on my wounds.
You laid next to me in completion,
I laid on the other side,
Hiding tears behind a fake smile,
It seemed to promise you
All you wished and wanted,
While I gave up all I coveted, to be beside you and those words.
I never blamed you for what you didn't know,
You loved this love too much,
And, Love is blind, they all say,
You were the only one blindfolded.
Though you were sure I meant it,
These eyes can see perfectly well,
And all I could think about when I left you was...
I wish I could have.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment